Good Shepherd’s Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program offers several levels of care, including inpatient programs. Good Shepherd provides services throughout Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley, including Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Kutztown, and the Poconos. Levels of brain injury care:
- Long-Term Acute Care Hospital: For patients who are stable and ready to leave an acute-care hospital, but are not well enough to go home or to a rehabilitation hospital.
- Inpatient Brain Injury Rehabilitation for Adults: Available at Good Shepherd’s four inpatient facilities. Patients receive three hours of physical, speech or occupational therapy each day.
- Inpatient Brain Injury Rehabilitation for Children: Available at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital Pediatric Unit.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities for Adults and Children: For patients who are more advanced in their brain injury rehabilitation program and wish to continue their progress.
- In-home therapy services for patients who cannot make it to one of Good Shepherd's outpatient locations.
Good Shepherd also offers numerous wellness programs for brain injury survivors. These programs, support groups and fitness opportunities are designed to help patients maintain heath and function following a TBI.