Are you are in crisis? You have options:
- Call 911
- Go to the nearest Emergency Room
- Call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Contact the Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255, press 1 (text 838255) or Confidential Veterans Chat with a counselor
PTSD Care for Everyone
- Finding a Therapist
Information, phone numbers and websites to help locate care for PTSD.
- Help for Family and Friends
Learn about resources to help you take care of yourself while supporting someone with PTSD.
PTSD Care for Veterans, Military, and Their Families
- See Help for Veterans with PTSD to learn how to enroll for VA health care and get an assessment.
- All VA Medical Centers provide PTSD care, as well as many VA clinics.
- Some VA's have programs specializing in PTSD treatment. Use the VA PTSD Program Locator to find a PTSD program.
- If you are a war Veteran, find a Vet Center to help with the transition from military to civilian life.
- Call the 24/7 Veteran Combat Call Center 1-877-WAR-VETS (1-877-927-8387) to talk to another combat Veteran.
- DoD's Defense Centers of Excellence (DCoE) 24/7 Outreach Center for Psychological Health & Traumatic Brain Injury provides information and helps locate resources. Call 1-866-966-1020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wounded Warrior Project: Warrior Care Network: This collaboration between Wounded Warrior Project and its academic medical partners connects Veterans living with PTSD, TBI, and other related conditions to clinical services.
- Military OneSource. Call 24/7 for counseling and many resources 1-800-342-9647.
Need further assistance? Get Help with VA PTSD Care, Benefits, or Claims.